In this blog I’ll tell you about my explorations in automation. They are in the following categories:
- Learning To Code: I like coding. I like developing my own skills and teaching others as well. Learning and teaching coding is probably best done when the results are concrete. Enter robotics: controlling actuators, responding to signals from sensors and combining everything with higher level programming. Maybe throw some machine learning in the mix?
- Model Railroad Control: DCC (Digital Command Control) is a solution for controlling model trains in a digital way. This opens up to connecting with computers and scripting train operations ourselves.
- Vehicular Automation: I’m going to explore primarily how far we have come to have autonomous cars on the road. At the same time I’ll look at what problems do we still need to solve. What can we learn from solutions for automation in trains, planes and aerospace? What can we apply to the road? And what the future would look like with autonomous mobility?
- Home Automation: I’m going to try controlling different devices at home using scripts. Let’s see what creative things we can do to make life easier and more fun at home.
- Blogging: while setting up this blog, I realize that blogging is a career in itself. There is so much to learn and hence, share with you.
You’ll find a quick introduction for each topic on the respective “About” pages. Check the blog for all posts for the respective category.
Also, if you wish to know more about my background, check here.
This site is for you…
… if you enjoy like automation like I do. You may or may not have any education or background in software development. You automate things and can share your own experience yourself. Or you’d like to learn more and start trying yourself one day. Maybe you have started with your own explorations and need help to get further.
Either way, I welcome you to my tribe and I hope you will enjoy your stay. Don’t forget to say hi. I’ll keep you updated when I’ll update the site.
Marcel van Oosterwijk.